Stock splits

<< Back

24. How will I receive my additional shares?

If you hold a physical stock certificate, you will receive a Direct Registration Transaction Advice for the additional shares you hold as a result of the split. You will have full responsibility of the shares without holding a physical certificate for them. The Direct Registration Transaction Advice is your confirmation; it indicates the number of additional shares as a result of the split. Keep this document with your existing stock certificates and other important documents as a record of your ownership.

If your shares are held in a brokerage account, the new shares will automatically be deposited to your account.

Our stock transfer agent, Wells Fargo Shareowner Services, mails written notice to registered shareholders indicating their split-adjusted shares. If your HP stock is held in a brokerage account, the information is sent directly to your broker.